Can missing teeth be replaced?
Yes! There are a lot of solutions that can replace your missing teeth. However, there is no one-size-fits-all approach, and the right option will depend on factors such as how many teeth you are missing, your gum and jawbone health, your budget, and more. The main options for replacing missing teeth include:
- Dental bridge: If you’re missing just a couple of teeth, then a dental bridge is an affordable option. It works by bridging a gap of missing teeth using false teeth and crowns. Since bridges require adjacent teeth to connect the bridge, you may also need dental implants to serve as an anchor for the bridge.
- Dentures: If you are missing a full mouth of teeth, dentures are a great choice. They are a dental prosthetic that sit on top of your gums. Some are removable while others offer implant support for more stability. Dentures are also available in a lot of materials and styles to create a very natural appearance.
- Partial dentures: If you still have some of your natural teeth, partial dentures may be a good fit. These have a pink-colored base and a framework made from either metal or plastic. The framework is attached to adjacent teeth, but you can remove it each night. They are convenient and more affordable.
- Dental implants: Dental implants are considered the “gold standard” of teeth replacement. They look and function like natural teeth, are permanent, and help prevent bone loss or gum recession. That said, they are also a bigger investment up-front and have a longer healing time than some of the other options.
- All-on-4 dental implants: Though All-on-4 implants are a relatively new procedure, they are a great option for a lot of people. They can replace a full arch of missing teeth with just four dental implants, which makes for a much faster healing time and lower costs. All-on-4’s can either be removable or fixed, which require a dentist’s assistance to take out.
Not sure which type of teeth replacement is right for you? Don’t worry – that’s where we can help! Each smile is unique, and our team goes above and beyond to craft a personalized solution that perfectly fits your needs. To learn more, give us a call today!Back to When to Get Dentures